- The first thing you should consider is the distance separating your picture lighting fixtures and your display
- Ensure that the picture light follows ADA requirements of 80 inches.
- Incandescent bulbs provide a nice glow but they can damage displays if not used properly.
- When choosing the direction of your picture lights, remember that lighting from above ensures that people immediately see your artwork.
- Valance lighting from below provides a more subtle effect that draws attention to the shadows created by the light from where the attention then is drawn to the display.
Slimline LED picture lights are a rising trend as they provide a bright glow while not being overbearing or detracting from the display. Picture lights now come in a wide variety of finishes that can accompany your display. There are also single, double, and triple arm picture lights.