- Typically, spotlights project at 45° and cast about a 2 foot focused beam.
- Test the effect of a spotlight on signs by using a flashlight with a bright beam.
- Business signs lit by spotlights pointing upwards at a 45-degree angle may cause distractions for motorists or prevent those with vision problems from seeing the sign. Thus, using spotlights to downlight a sign will enhance visibility, minimize glare from glassy surfaces, and reduce light pollution.
Spotlights provide a narrow stream of light to highlight a confined space. These fixtures are commonly used to illuminate signs and accent architectural details, and can be found in a variety of styles and finishes, usually as a low voltage halogen, fluorescent, or LED. Use outdoor spotlights
to provide a well-lit and secure area around your home.
- Searchlights, as spotlights were traditionally called, are used today in entertainment events and advertising.
- Spotlights were once utilized in the military to enhance ground tactics and track vehicles at night.
- The brightest spotlight in the world comes from the beam of the Luxor Hotel in Las Vegas.