- Heighten the appeal: placement depends on the size of a room, but in general, wall sconces should be mounted 60-66” above the floor.
- Go the distance: for multiple-sconce plans, place fixtures six to ten feet apart for a pleasing visual effect.
- Watch it: ADA-compliant sconces protrude less than four inches from the wall, which makes them safer for busy areas like hallways or stairwells.
- Cast some shade: If you’re illuminating a staircase with wall sconces, choose a closed diffuser or a downlight to prevent glare.
- Brighten up: if the sconce is intended as a major light source, look for one with a shielded bulb of 75 watts or more. For decorative purposes, use a lesser wattage.
The Arcadian Home collection features a comprehensive range of fixtures from Access Lighting, including beautifully
crafted wall sconces for home and office. This Southern California-based company is a family-owned business with a global
reach, and it has achieved a reputation as the industry’s go-to source for affordable luminaires with an elevated European
aesthetic. For nearly 25 years, Access Lighting
has been dedicated to delivering smart lighting solutions that infuse every space
with a distinctive atmosphere.
Incorporating a spectrum of contemporary design cues, from chic minimalism to industrial modernism, Access Lighting’s
diverse wall sconce collection effortlessly complements a wide array of interior and exterior spaces. Since materials and
lamping are key to ambience, be on the lookout for options that set the perfect tone. Within the Access collection, you’ll
discover a wealth of clear crystal, frosted glass, and textured Italian art glass shades, along with warm incandescent, bright
fluorescent and energy-efficient LED lamping. Finishes include White, Brushed Steel, Bronze, Oil-Rubbed Bronze and Black.
For outdoor usage, Access offers a UV-resistant, non-corrosive Marine Grade coating for selected fixtures. With such a
wealth of possibilities, the right wall light is just a click away.
Wall sconces are an oft-unheralded hero of interior décor, fulfilling a wide variety of purposes, but rarely taking top billing.
Yet their benefits shouldn’t be overlooked. Sconces complement existing light sources without taking up valuable floor
space, which makes them a great alternative to bedside reading lamps or other task fixtures. A pair of sconces flanking a
bathroom mirror provides flattering light for grooming and make-up while reducing shadows cast by ceiling flush mounts.
Serial sconces can provide background illumination while complementing a primary source, like a dining room chandelier.
Accent lights draw focus to paintings or other works of art without calling attention to their own form. They can guide
your way safely down dark outdoor pathways and through dim indoor hallways while enhancing your décor. When paired with chandeliers
, you can create your own choice of look and feel. Across all
categories—ambient, task and decorative—Access Lighting’s wall sconces can make any room really shine.