- In general, pendants should hang approximately 30” above a dining table to provide ample illumination without glare.
- Pendants should hang approximately 30”–40” above work surfaces like kitchen counters, in a manner that doesn’t obstruct your view.
- Give your pendant a little leeway. For most hardwired applications, be sure the cord is at least 4’-6’ long so you’ll have room to make adjustments.
- No need to duck: Ensure each pendant clears the head of the tallest person in your home by at least 20–25.”
- Multiples of three are pleasing to the eye. When hanging identical fixtures, consider an odd-numbered group to create rhythm and balance.
- Counterbalance shapes for a more dramatic effect. For example, if you have boxy furniture, consider cylindrical pendants for contrast.
- To diminish or prevent glare, choose a pendant with a light diffuser or semi-opaque bulbs.
The Arcadian Home collection presents a comprehensive range of fixtures from Access Lighting, including versatile pendants for home and office to stylish ceiling lights
for any room. In single and group configurations, these suspended fixtures make a vivid visual statement while providing excellent ambient, task and accent lighting. A Southern California-based company with a global reach, Access Lighting unites contemporary pendants
with a European edge, distinguished by exceptional beauty, quality and affordability.
Within the Access Lighting pendant collection, color texture and shape reign supreme, from frosted teardrops to colorful domes and Italian art glass spheres. Finishes vary by fixture, and include Brushed Steel, Bronze, Oil-Rubbed Bronze. Choices abound: incandescent and fluorescent maxi pendants; low-voltage, line-voltage and energy-efficient LED mini-pendants; and circular and bar pendant assemblies. By fusing timeless craftsmanship with cutting-edge technology, Access pendants deliver a fresh take on modern elegance.
Pendant lights are an adventurous, go-everywhere category of lighting, with the power to enliven nearly every room in the house. You can install pendants in almost any location, including high and sloped ceilings; and since they don’t occupy table or floor space or require wall cords, they’re the unencumbered choice. Over task areas, like a kitchen island or workspace, mini-pendants offer bright, direct light rivaling track and recessed lighting. In the dining room, a large pendant or cluster of minis is a chic, ambient alternative to chandeliers
. In an entryway, a large pendant establishes an artistic focal point and welcomes guests. In commercial locales, such as restaurants, galleries, showrooms and foyers, pendants can set the mood or provide focused illumination. With the Access Lighting pendant collection, the possibilities are unlimited.