- When designing your outdoor lighting plan, choose a single metal finish for all lights to create a harmonious, unified effect.
- Size matters: A single front porch light should measure at least 1/3 of the door’s height.
- The right bright: for most decorative exterior wall fixtures, 60-75 watt incandescent or 20 watt CF bulbs provide ample light.
- Minimize glare by choosing bulbs with a moderate illumination levels and frosted (instead of clear) glass shades.
- Under a porch or other overhang, consider a flush mount luminaire to provide general light while complementing your home’s architecture.
- Deter trespassers by installing luminaires with motion-detectors in dark areas while conserving energy with timers, motion detectors or heat-sensitive controls.
The Arcadian Home collection features a comprehensive range of fixtures from Access Lighting
, including innovative outdoor luminaires. Based in Tustin, California, Access curates beautiful, affordable lighting products from around the world. Defined by clean European styling with a contemporary edge, myriad energy-efficient options and durable finishes, Access presents outdoor solutions of exceptional quality and value for homes and commercial properties.
Look to Access for a wealth of outdoor lighting designs, lamping and finishes. From ultra-sleek flush mounts, versatile spotlights and minimalist wall washers to modernist bulkheads inspired by 19th century shipyards, Access Lighting complements contemporary
and transitional exteriors. Harmonizing with the present but constructed for the future, the majority of Access outdoor products are available with energy-efficient options, including fluorescent, halogen and LED. Finishes vary by fixture, and include bronze, satin, black and white, along with a UV-resistant, non-corrosive Marine Grade
coating for extreme conditions. Access Outdoor Lighting fixtures deliver artistry that endures.
Outdoor lighting unites the pretty with the practical, creating a unified exterior while enhancing its functionality. Plus it’s one of the easiest and most affordable ways to “remodel.” Wall fixtures and spotlights are an excellent choice for front, back, side and garage entries, where security is a priority. Flush mount ceiling and wall fixtures establish a warm ambiance in areas like the patio, setting the stage for relaxed gatherings. Wall-washers highlight architectural details with a sweep of bi-directional light. Versatile spotlights are equally adept at playing up architectural and landscape features, making it easy to navigate driveways and walkways, and deterring intruders. With the Access Outdoor lighting collection, the possibilities are endless.